At Gardena Hearing Center, the safety and health of our patients is our number one priority. Given the circumstances regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are committed to provide services to our patients yet maintain a safe environment for all.
Due to the state of California order to close all non-essential businesses and for people to stay at home we are available for emergency care only with additional support by phone, email and telecare services.
Please call before coming to our office for emergency repairs, batteries, supplies and someone will meet you.
Emergency services include:
- Hearing aid repair if you do not have a back up
- Batteries and supplies
- Emergency medical audiological problems such as sudden hearing loss
In conjunction with our existing infection control policy, we have taken all additional precautions in our office based on CDC recommendations to reduce the risk of exposure to our patients and staff. We ask you to consider the following before coming to our office...
- Are you having fever, cough, or shortness of breath?” If answer is “yes,” this individual should contact their primary-care physician (PCP) by phone immediately.
- “Have you traveled to China, Japan, South Korea, Italy, Iran, France, Germany, or Spain in the last two weeks?” If answer is “yes,” this individual should not come into the clinic at this time.
- “Have you been in contact with someone diagnosed with Coronavirus (COVID-19)?” If answer is “yes,” this person should not come into the clinic at this time.
Anyone coming into the office must answer no to the above questions and will be limited to one person at a time and only as necessary to protect the health and well-being of everyone.
Troubleshooting can be handled in many cases by phone, Skype or Facetime. Some of you have hearing aids that can be adjusted remotely as well.
We offer a curb-side service for hearing aid checks, repairs and delivery of batteries and supplies. For curbside service, call before coming and then again when you arrive so that we may come out to your car. High risk individuals (over 65 years of age or chronic medical conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, lung disease, or compromised immune system) should send the hearing aid with someone else whenever possible.
We can also mail batteries and supplies to you in many cases.
As your hearing care provider, we know these are difficult times and remain committed to providing the utmost care and service you deserve. We will remain vigilant and continue to keep updated on news regarding the Coronavirus.
Thank you and be well!
Gardena Hearing Center Staff